When compared with similar devices, the Callaway Gypsy is very reasonably priced.
In fact, many were of the opinion that the other devices were highly priced when compared with this device.
Also it is very simply to use as it does not involve pressing so many buttons etc.
So if the player is looking for a simple watch that just tells the distances to the pin and the hazards, that this device is the right choice.
Simply put, this watch is ideal for those golfers who are really are content with knowing just the basics.
Some of its prominent features are:-
- Preloaded with over 30,000 golf courses worldwide; No annual fees or subscriptions required
- Accurate distances to front, center, and back of green as well as layup and carry distances to back of hazards and doglegs
- Scorekeeper tracks scores, GIR, and putts per round; Auto-course recognition; Auto-hole advance; Shot distance measurement
- Analog and digital time display. Time and date automatically set by satellite
- Battery lasts 10-12 hours in GPS mode. 90 plus days battery life in time mode
- Display size: 1.28-Inch, Dimensions: 10.25 x 1.5 x 0.5-Inches & Weight: 2.24 oz.
So if the Golfer does not want to spend time trying to understand the high end technical aspects of a GPS watch, then the Callaway Gpsy is the right one.
It is very easy to understand on how to use it. It has the pin distance from the fairway with front/back/middle, the distances to hazards, front and back etc.
Additionally, it has an odometer and scorekeeper as well as short distance. On a lighter side, the watch also tells time and date for those who want to use it like a normal watch at other times.