THE BEST GOLF RANGEFINDERS FOR YOUR MONEY
Golf – an intriguing club and ball sport. It is becoming a very popular sport or should it be said as a favorite pastime for many. It is also a great source of exercise because it involves walking and involves breathing in fresh air and at the same time some fun competition with other players. In this game, a player has to use various clubs to hit the balls into certain holes which are made on the golf course.
This process has to be completed in as few strokes as possible. Usually a round of Golf means playing bout 18 holes. Now coming to the Golf course details, it is a huge ground which has a series of holes. Each has a teeing ground, a fairway, and the rough and other hazards. Then there is a green with a flagstick and a hole. This is what usually comprises of the standard Golf course.
Golf Rangefinder helps to find out the distances of the targets on the Golf course. How it works is by zooming a light beam on to the target. Then the range finder clock measures the amount of time taken to reach the target and come back. Once the beam’s speed is determined, the range finder calculates the total distance travelled. So it’s very important. In fact it can be called an essential device. Why? Because the Golfer can have a clear idea about how far the distance of the target is from the observer. It is especially useful if the Golfer is a beginner. The Golf Rangefinder will help in understanding how far the player can hit a club. For example, it can help in making decisions such as how far the player is and how far the hit has been. There is no need for a marked sprinkler head as the distance details are always right in front of you.
COMPARE DEVICE FEATURES
PinSeeker Tech (with JOLT)
Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT
Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT
BUSHNELL TOUR Z6
Upto 1300 Yrds
Rangefinders Without Slope
Most of the range finders available today are with slope features because this feature helps in measuring the elevation on the greens. This in turn makes the tricky shots easier as the trajectory can be gauged. However, in tournaments, the rangefinders with slopes are not allowed as they are considered as a means for cheating. So overall a Rangefinder without slope is the best and the standard range finders available in the market do not have a slope finder. This is because it is assumed that the target pointed at is in level with the player’s position. In addition, it helps in getting the real distance to the target. There is a feature to see what club was last used and what’s the best club to use for the next shot, especially if it is an uphill or downhill shot. So if you really want to enjoy a game, then it is best to go for a range finder without slope. Then the player can really enjoy the game based on skill and experience. In fact, more can be learned in this way and many golf purists emphatically state that the finding the slope is tantamount to cheating and reducing the fun as well.
Rangefinders With Slope
Today there is a vast section of rangefinders with slope. They are very much in demand. If the golf game is considered, there are many uphill’s and down hills involved during the game. So just measuring the horizontal distance is not enough. The rangefinder with slope helps in calculating and adjusting the angle compensation on targets. Because of this they are very much in demand and also because of their latest innovative technology. The slope calculation feature enables the player to find out the distance to the flagstick, the degree of elevation etc. So then the player has an advantage to calculate the right club for the shot in accord with the yardage and slope. However, a word of caution is to be mentioned because in many tournaments, using rangefinders with slope is illegal. Actually, local rules allow for simple distance measuring devices such as laser rangefinders, handheld GPS devices etc. But if rangefinders with slope features or other wind speed measuring devices are used, then they need to be turned off or disabled before the tournaments. However, if a player wants to improve his game during practice, this is the best device. As per the latest models available in the market today, many rangefinders with slope features come with interchangeable face plates in order to comply with the tournament rules. So, if it’s likely that you’ll want to use a rangefinder during tournament game play, then you’ll definitely need to know what the rules are. Having an “illegal” rangefinder can disqualify you, even if you’re not using the fancy features.
Laser Rangefinder And GPS Rangefinder
It’s a much discussed and debated topic as to which type is the best golf distance finder – laser or GPS, and the race between the two is reasonably competitive. In the end, it seems the deciding factor just comes down to personal preference. To find out what is the best option it is important first to understand the specific features of both the devices. A laser rangefinder uses a laser beam. This helps in determining the distance from the player to the object. It operates on the principle of time of flight that is the time taken by the laser pulse to reach the object is measured. However, as the speed of light is very high, this might not be appropriate for high precision measurements. Coming to GPS Rangefinders, they have preloaded courses with touch screen features. In addition they have an automatic system wherein hole and course features can be recognized. Other extra features include four player score tracking, calculating multiple targets and green. Last but not the least, it is strong and durable and ideal for all weather conditions. While both devices have their advantages and disadvantages it is up to the individual to decide. For example a GPS range finder can be used at other times as a normal watch and for other sports too. They can be synced to the mobile device and used for calling, texting etc. But the down side is it can be a distraction too. As per reviews available today by many players, they prefer using a Laser Rangefinder than a GPS because it more convenient and most of them have already got used to it.
This device is a perfect combination of Size, Speed and Accuracy in addition to Jolt. Not only that, a portion of the purchase price will be donated to the Folds of Honor Foundation. The key features of this product are:-
- Provides the Golfer with short vibrating pulses. This in turn gives a sort of tactile confirmation that the laser has locked onto the flag.
- Due to advanced technology, the details given are exact leaving nothing to doubt.
- The details of hole layouts and flyovers of major golf courses in about 30 countries are available
- This device shows the hole flyovers with front, center, back and hazard distances clearly
- Hole to hole layouts with distances are shown
- The range provided is from 5 to 1000 yards with on yard accuracy. It also gives yardages to as far as 400 yards out.
- The patriot pack has CR2 battery and carry case with a two year limited warranty.
- Free access to the Bushnell Gold App is provided with every purchase of this device
Overall, the Bushnell Golf with Jolt technology is the best in the market. It has unbelievable features all packed into one ergonomically designed unit. The Tour V4 with jolt technology has a pin seeker which is highly accurate. The Bushnell jolt technology gives short vibrating bursts to confirm that the laser is locked onto the flag. The best part is that it is legal to use it during tournaments. Considering the Field of view 368 feet at 1000 yards which is really good and is suitable for left handers as well. In fact it works well in adverse weather conditions such as fog also. The product has been well received and this can be judged by the favorable reviews it has received. In fact, the ratings given was 4.6 out of five stars which in itself is a good testimony about the effectiveness of this product.
As with other products of Bushnell, this too offers the perfect combination of size, speed, accuracy and Jolt with the addition of the Slope. This has the unique Slope Switch technology which means that the Golfer can easily change in and out from the Bushnell’s patented slope technology. Some of the key features are:
- Slope compensation i.e. it calculates and adjusts yardage based on the degree of slope.
- Slope on off switch helps the Golfer to easily shift in and out from the slope function
- Free access to the Bushnell Golf App and also get 3D Flyover with front, center, and back ad hazard distances.
- In addition, access is provided to more than 30000+ courses in about 30 countries.
- It has a dual display, Fast focus system and is water resistant and water proof.
- Another feature is that it has 5x Magnification with ranges from 5-1000 yards, and 400+ yards to a flag. The accuracy is to 1 Yard.
As an end note, the Tour V4 Shift (Slope) is legal to be played in a tournament as long as the Slope mode is disabled. As with other products of the Patriot pack, a part of the sale proceeds are donated to the Folds of Honor Foundation. This product too has the JOLT Technology which gives the player an indication through short vibrating bursts to show that the laser has locked onto the flag. To say it in short and precise terms, by using this product the Golfer can feel the exact distance by getting a jolt leaving no room for a doubt. The customer reviews too have been very good with his product having received 4.5 stars out of 5. Overall the pros of this product are that is it is unisex and works very well when it is hand held. The product is sturdy and durable with a Carry case and battery included.
This product comes with some real good features. The Bushnell Tour z6 has Pin Seeker with Jolt technology. This gives the Golfer short vibrating bursts to confirm that the laser has locked onto the flag. The speed and range is incredible because it can instantaneously acquire flags up to 450 yards. It has a unique feature of Second Generation ESP that is Extreme, Speed, and Precision. This coupled with the VDT Technology that is Vivid Display Technology that is known for clarity. This improves the display so that the target can be identified positively even in all types of lighting conditions.
The features can be summed up into the following:
- Range is from 5 to 1300 years, 450+ yards to flags, ½ yard accuracy from between 5 to 125 yards
- The Pin Seeker with Jolt technology let you know when you hit the flag by giving a Jolt.
- 6x magnification, and 2nd generation E.S.P and vivid display technology which improves the clarity, contrast and light transmission.
- Class 1 laser. Accurate to within A1/2 yard and gives almost instant measurements in yards and meters as well.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty and comes with a case.
Best of all, the main attractive point of this product is that is it legal for using it in the tournaments. That is why it has become the number one choice of professional Golfers. In fact this product has made it to the Best sellers rank. Golfers who used this product in mild fog have confirmed that it has performed really well in such adverse conditions. In fact the Tour z6 gives yardages to other objects such as a bunker or even a tree. The icing on the cake is that the Bushnell product comes with good customer service so that any doubts about the product can be easily cleared.
As the name itself suggests this is a pro model which means that all laser rangefinder’s innovations are packed into this model. The specialty of this product is that it has the Tour Trusted Slope switch Technology. This helps the Golfer to get the distance measured based on the hole’s incline/decline. In addition, it has the feature to turn off the extra features in order to confirm to the rules of a tournament.
The special feature is that the Pin Seeker’s JOLT technology leaves nothing to doubt that the flag has been locked. All this comes in a sturdy metal pack which fully water proof is thereby giving the golfer an ultimate rangefinder. To name in short some of its great features which are as follows:
- Slope switch technology features which means that the slope function can either be enabled or disabled. This means when the player wants to find out the distances around the course, he can use it and a then disable the same while playing tournaments as it is illegal.
- It has a dual display technology which is exclusive to this model only. This means that the display can be changed from a bright red vivid display to a sharp black display based on the lighting conditions or as personal choices. All this is available at a simple press of a button.
- This model has the Pin Seeker with JOLT technology which means the device will give out short vibrating pulses as a tactile confirmation that the laser has locked into the flag. In short, all doubts are removed with a jolt so to speak.In conclusion, as with all Bushnell products , this too comes with other standard features such as access to Bushnell Golf App, 3D Flyovers with distances, details of Hole Layouts with Distances, and of course the access to more than 36000+ courses all over the world. Another specific feature is that the last range reading need not be cleared. The new reading simply overwrites on the old reading. So enjoy this sturdy metal cased and fully water proof device to play a thrilling round of Golf.
As per trusted reports more than 99% of Tour players use a Bushnell laser Rangefinder. This is because these products have unrivalled precision. One such shining star among their many products is the Bushnell Hybrid. As the name “hybrid” suggests, this device has the combined features of a unrivalled laser precision and GPS provided “Front” and “”Back” distances in the LCD. This means there is not even a minute chance of guess work to be done as all the required numbers or details are readily made available. So now the player can play the game with full confidence. To detail a few key features of this product:
- Fully integrated Laser/GPS Display makes this device the world’s first Golf Laser Range finder having both features such as laser and GPS
- Pin Seeker with JOLT technology gives the exact distance and informs the player by means of short vibrating bursts as soon as the laser locks into the flag.
- As with other Bushnell devices, this too comes preloaded with around 36000 courses which are available in countries all over the world.
In addition to the above, other basic features are also included such as free access to the Bushnell Golf App. In addition, the player on purchase of the Hybrid device can get hole flyovers with front, center, back and hazard distances. Also included is the hole by hole layouts with distances. A special feature is that there is the option of Bluetooth connection. This means that details of the courses can be updated wirelessly on the Hybrid device. All this and much more. It’s the first time that distances measured by the laser and GPS are combined into a fully integrated Display. The best part is that this device is fully legal to use in a tournament. Other extra features also include dual battery source that is CR2 for Laser and USB for the GPS.
This is the world’s first Laser Rangefinder and GPS combo unit that has a fully integrated display which displays not only laser, but also GPS yardages. This Rangefinder is already preloaded with 36,000+ in over 30 countries and also has PinSeeker with JOLT Technology.
With this rangefinder, the player can see each and every challenging and fun course to play with the special Auto Course Recognition and Auto Hole Advance. The ability to check out the course layout with the Hybrid’s easy to read front/center/back distances with up to four hazard distances per hole. Also, this rangefinder has 5x Magnification + PinSeeker with JOLT Technology, which helps to get accurate readings from up to 1000 yards, which allows for easy acquisition of the flag and helps to avoid background distractions and distances. Plus as an added bonus, special accessories with the rangefinder, such as the Play Better Portable Charger, which is a 2200mAh portable mini charger that can not only charge the Hybrid, but also can be used to charge the smartphones, PlayBetter Microfiber Towel, which will help keep the rangefinder’s lens clean, and 2 CR2 Batteries, to make sure that the Golfer and the rangefinder is always in action, no matter where or how long.
Precision Pro NX7 is so accurate, that it is addicting, and almost 95% of golfers who use this, would give up at least one golf club to keep using their rangefinder. This is itself speaks about its high efficiency and compatibility. It has got very positive reviews as well.
Precision Pro provides golfers all the confidence they need by making award-winning rangefinders that are the best combination of both performance and value, wherein the Golfer will never have to second-guess the distance to the flag. In fact, a survey conducted stated that golfers hit 2.3 more greens on average with the Pro NX7 versus using course markings only, showcasing how fast and clear the NX7 is. This rangefinder is tournament legal as switching off the slope mode is done by means of a simple button. You also get a short vibration from the rangefinder after it successfully measures the distance, giving you the confidence you need to hit your target. As it is water resistant, you can take this out in the rain without any worries of getting the device spoilt. It has adaptive slope technology which makes it very useful in courses which have many elevation changes.
As an end note, the NX7 Pro is very good for the job it is intended for and with its features and the price together, make it a great value product. Another good point is that the Manufacturer stands with the product. That means they have a Money-back guarantee, trade in allowance for future upgrades, warranty and of course replacement of battery etc. subject to their terms and conditions. So this product is worth considering.
The first thing that catches the attention is that it has very sleek body. Its tiny and compact making it fit snugly into the hand. The TecTecTec VPRO500 uses the latest technology which makes it extremely accurate and flexible than any other measuring devices out there. It is able to measure distances very quickly and helps to improve your game like a professional. It even has diopter adjustment functionality to provide a clear view for your target. Whether you’re near or farsighted, you’ll be able to see the object you’re measuring clearly and find its distance using our fast-measuring technology.
The VPRO500 has three different scanning modes which takes care of every possible situation, and its advanced Pin sensors provides allows for accurately measuring overlapping targets can be used for measuring the distance to pin location and wooded areas. With the VPRO500, you no longer need to guess the distance as it provides the true measurement accurate within +/- 1 yard which helps you to measure the distance to flags, trees or hazards. The rangefinder comes fully equipped with a premium carrying pouch, free CR2 battery, wrist strap, microfiber cleaning cloth and quick start guide for easy setup thereby making it an item difficult to refuse.
Since the important features of any rangefinder is Range and Accuracy, this device will not disappoint in this matter. It is just perfect for playing golf as it reads the distance instantly. Another plus point is that it eliminates obstacles in the path of view. Because it uses premium quality multilayer optics, this makes it easy to read the yardage in the display. A big bonus is that there is an option to use meters for yardage.
The Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder literally offers a pin-seeking precision. All this packaged in a sleek, sophisticated design. With its exclusive Pin Acquisition Technology (P.A.T.), it has the ability to lock onto the pin from up to 300 yards away thereby ensuring accuracy even with trees and other objects in the background.
Another attractive and unique feature is the exclusive Birdie feature. This delivers an audible ‘chirp’ to confirm distance acquisition to the flagstick making measuring even more easier. In addition, its Slope measurement technology can measure angle of incline or decline and then automatically calculate the slope adjusted distance. The slope function can be turned off and on with the click of a button, which makes the Callaway 300 Pro legal for tournament play. Also, because of its Superior accuracy to +/- 1 yard, the player can be confident in yardage and take dead aim with the superior accuracy to measure 5-1000 yards. Also there is the extra benefit to scan the landscape to acquire distances to multiple targets, like greenside bunkers and water hazards. With just a simple action that is the click of a button, all the distance measurement can be calculated with slope technology and accurate adjusted distances up to the flag can be obtained.
In short, The Callaway 300 Pro measures the angle of the incline or decline, calculates the slope adjusted distance displayed on the screen and comes with extra six features which includes slope mode, P.A.T (Pin Acquisition Technology), birdie technology, magnification, accuracy and water/fog resistance. It is also equipped with 6x magnification and 5 – 1000 yard range with +/- 1 yard accuracy. There is the option to select yards or meters to acquire distance. Another attractive feature is the Premium Molded Case for extra protection during those days when there is rain or fog and you still want to play Golf. Not to worry, the Callaway 300 Pro Laser Rangefinder is both water and fog resistant thereby allowing you to play in such adverse conditions. So on one side, it is Perfect for the pros that want accurate distances, and on the other side it is ideal for first time golfers by helping them know which clubs they should use. So with this device, the player can push the golf game a notch up with just the click of a button and never waste time to guess your distances and calculations again!
This device can be called as the perfect combination of size, accuracy, vibration and Slope. The in-built Slope-Button Technology lets the golfer to easily toggle in and out of PEAKPULSE Slope function. Not just that, the Flag acquisition with vibration technology gives the golfer the advantage of getting short vibrating bursts to reinforce the fact that the laser has locked onto the flag. In spite of all these additional features, the good news is that the PEAKPULSE 6 Pro Golf Rangefinder is legal for tournament play when Slope Mode is disabled. So what are you waiting for? Swing with confidence. The major requirement for any game, especially to play best golf is that the player needs correct information. This need is completely fulfilled by the 6 Pro Golf Rangefinder which gives you exact distances to the flag thereby making club selection simple and consistent. To be bit exact on the specifics, the laser technology is accurate to 1 yard and shoots distances to the 1/10 of a yard. Another eye catching feature is the Advanced Flag Acquisition Technology which filters out background objects ensuring the flag is shot and not what’s behind the flag. So in short, its Play better, practice better, and improve your accuracy with the PEAKPULSE 6 Pro Golf Rangefinder.
Now the question arises, for whom is the 6 Pro Golf Rangefinder built in mind? The answer is very straight forward, any golfer looking for exact distances to specific targets on the golf course and driving range. To reiterate, The 6 Pro Laser Rangefinder allows to shoot distances to the flag, bunkers, trees, and other objects with exact accuracy to the yard.
Today, the Golfer is spoilt for choices when it comes to selecting the right Rangefinder. For example, the WOSPORTS Golf Rangefinder is worth a mention. The specifics of this device are:-
- The H-100AG Golf Rangefinder with 6X Magnification, 7.5 degree field angle, distance range 5-650 yds., 180+yds to Flag;
- Innovative battery cover design, battery cover and range finder are inseparable. So there is no need to worry about missing the battery cover;
- The Advanced Flag Acquisition Technology filters out background objects ensuring you shoot the flag, and not what’s behind the flag.
- It provides the true measurements which are accurate within ±1 yard. It even has diopter adjustment functionality so as to provide a clear view. Whether you’re near or farsighted, you’ll be able to see the object you’re measuring clearly and find its distance using our fast-measuring technology.
- Range and Scanning Mode. This feature can be activated by Short pressing the “Power” button after targeting, the distance will be displayed on the LCD. The procedure is very simple, just hold down “Power” button while ranging to activate the continuous measurement scan mode, the data on the LCD will change as your move.
- Flag Lock with Vibration. Once the aim is fixed at the flag and then short press “Power” button, and move the cross sign on the screen slowly from left to right. When the flag distance is locked, the machine will vibrate automatically.
- Slope Adjusted Distances; Slope compensation helps to improve the golf skill; Whenever the player is involved in a golf competition, then the option to choose is” M2″ Mode, which is nothing but tournament legal non-slope modes.
- Meter and Yards Switching: Turn on the rangefinder, please long press “MODE” button for more than 3 seconds.
All these features make this device an item worth owning especially by golfers worldwide.
The product description of this device reads like this: 6X Magnification, 7 degree field angle, and distance range 5-1200 yds. Max 250+yds to Flag. Class 1, 905nm laser type, 4 scan modes, Golf slope ON/OFF / Vertical/ Speed, LCD Digital display, high-speed and accurate reading, accuracy ±1yd, eligible for Golf Tournament. To some, it may seem that the specifics of this device are too good to be true. In fact, the specifics of this device can be shortlisted into the following major areas that I 1. Scan Modes, 2. Design, 3. High-definition camera, 4. Accuracy, 5. Technical Support. To discuss in detail about this specifics:
- Scan Mode : Mode 1(no slope + flag-lock + jolt tech) is tournament legal; Mode 2(slope distance + angle + flag-lock + jolt tech) is perfect for daily training; The third Vertical mode for vertical and horizontal distance measurements; Last one is Speed mode, speed range: 20-300KM/H. Our laser rangefinder adopts advanced distance, angle and speed measuring technology, accurate and fast, suitable for hunting, racing, bird watching, shooting, climbing, engineering measurements etc.
- Design: Dimension, 107*74*42mm, portable size, ergonomic design and normally water-resistant. Unit of measure are meter and yard, long press of the mode button can change over. Class 1, 905nm laser, average power output <0.4mW. Complete rangefinder set(Photos View), including 1x rangefinder, 1x carrying case, 1x USB cable, 1x Carabiner, 1x lanyard, 1x cleaning cloth and 1x manual.
- Accuracy: Accurate out to 1200 yards, digitally enhanced Accuracy. It was personally tested on the roof by one player and he was amazed that it can see the buildings clearly beyond 1200 yds. But there is no data displayed; when it is 1200 or within 1200 yards, fast and clear data show up on the lens LCD. This one is Excellent for golf play, hunting, engineering measurements and outdoor activities, if you need a 1200-yard and USB charging laser rangefinder.
- Technical Support: The assuring Return policy in 30 days if the product is purchased via amazon. There is 24-hour reply, 2 year money back / replacement for any product defect and customer dissatisfaction via seller and lifelong technical support all this and much more thereby making it more alluring to buy this product. The condition for return of the product is that all the original parts should be intact, of course. For any product related questions, there is always an option to email with the order number and other queries.
The BL-X3 Golf Rangefinder uses the latest technology, making it more accurate and flexible than any other measuring device. It provides the true measurement accurate within ±1 yard, helping you to find the distance to flags, trees or hazards. Our laser rangefinder even has diopter adjustment functionality to provide a clear view. Whether you’re near or farsighted, you’ll be able to see the object you’re measuring clearly and find its distance using our fast-measuring technology. Bozily Tech Co., Ltd is an industry and trade integrated business, a combination of production and sales, covering an area of more than 20000 square meters, with a group over 50 of research and development personnel. The products manufactured are under strict test and improvement, based on safety and practicability as the core. When designing this device, the focus was on its Practical and Accuracy Feature and finally finish this Excellent Rangefinder. It also can be widely used for hunting, racing, bird watching, shooting, climbing, engineering measurement etc. So if the Golfer has other game interests also, then he or she will definitely find this device worth purchasing.
Some of the salient features of this product are:
- Pin sensor technology： Provides fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, together with Pin sensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, locking range up to 200 yards, perfect for measuring golf flags, you can easily switch units between meters and yards.
- Vibration on/off function: When the flag distance is locked, the machine will vibrate automatically, if you don’t need this function, you can turn it off as your need.
- Three modes: Ranging mode, Flag locking mode and Speed mode. Support speed measurement, short press the power button after targeting the moving object, the speed data will be displayed on the screen.
- Premium golf/hunting mate: Magnification x objective is 6x 22mm; r angle measure accuracy is ±1yard,speed measure accuracy ±5km/perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk.
- Battery USB Charging: Different from others with External removable battery, this one use Built-in rechargeable battery for device, No worry to change battery of device. Economic-friendly
BOBLOV LF600AG rangefinder brings you the next evolution of flag-lock with vibration technology. Slope compensation helps to improve your golf skill, what’s more, it can be turned off by switch, and allows you to toggle between elevation measuring slope and tournament legal non-slope modes. For those interested in finding out just the bare specification of this product, then they are as mentioned below:
Range: 6.6~656(yd.) for LF600AG, Slope: On/Off optional, Vibration: Supported, Range Measuring Accuracy: +/- 1Yard with 200yards, 0.4% out of 200yards, Measuring Range of Speed: 20~300km/h, Laser type: 905nm (Class 1 laser), Magnification: 6X, Battery: build-in lithium battery3.7V/800mAh, Weight: 168g/5.9oz, USB Charging battery, 3.7V lithium battery to ensure product life performance, no worry to change battery for product, environment-friendly. Slope On/Off optional. Can be turned on/off as your need.
The Slope Technology provides compensated distance based on hole’s incline/decline. It is legal for tournament play when slope switch is turned off. Vibration combined with Pin Acquisition Technology gives a quick pulse when locked on the target and ensures accurate distances to the target. Vibration supported. Slope on/off supported. Speed supported. Continuous measurement supported. There are some tips provided on how to use this device effectively and also for Measuring Distance to the Flag lock. They are:
Hold LF600AG rangefinder body steady with both hands to prevent hand movement. When shooting the distance for a small target, like flagstick, it may influence the data with hand movement, it is advised hold the finder body with both hands. Position the flag at the center of the target mark in the viewfinder. Target the flag, which is larger than the stick. And move the finder slowly from left to right. Into flag mode, When the flag sign stop flashing and the finder vibrates, range data to the flag will be shown on the screen. If you turn on the slope, the compensation distance will be displayed as well.
This is an amazing product from the Bushnell range. It comes under the category of Sports and Hand held GPS. Some of its features can be clubbed and described as follows:
- Bluetooth facility for allowing wireless course updates
- A very long battery life which can play up to 2 rounds before it can be put up for charging
- This device comes preloaded with details about 36000 courses of about 30 countries
- The interface provided is very easy to use
- It has 4 hazard distances per hole
- In addition it has Auto course recognition an Auto hole advance.
Overall, the product is really good and worth having. In fact, the reviews of this device in particular show the usefulness of it. The calculations of this device are very accurate, and the display is clear and big. Other users who used this product have remarked that the magnet feature of this device is simply brilliant. It sticks properly and does not fall off. Same time it can be detached easily as and when required. In fact one user commented that they have as a family purchased three devices as they found it extremely helpful. For instance the data which is critically needed is well displayed even in bright sunlight. Not only that the material used in producing this device has a good UV rating. On a lighter side, one practical suggestion given is that the device is better to be purchased in the bright neon green color. This makes it easier to spot it and not leave it around. All this and much more and the best part is that this amazing product comes at an amazing price as well which indeed is too good an offer to refuse.
Another product which is making mark in the sport of Golf is the Garmin Approach G10. Some of its features are:
- Display size: 0.9” x 0.9” (23 x 23 mm)
- Compact Design – Sleek, Pocket-Sized Design That Conveniently Clips-On To Your Belt, Bag Or Place It In Your Pocket
- Hazards – Hazards And Course Targets To Identify Locations Of Sand Traps, Water Hazards And More
- Gps Receiver – High-Sensitivity Gps Acquires Satellites Quickly To Show Distance To Greens, Hazards And Doglegs -Even Under Tree Cover
- Green View – Displays The Shape Of The Green With Manual Pin Placement
- Stat Tracking – Enhanced Stats Keeps Track Of Fairways Hit, Greens In Regulation And Putts Per Round
It’s a very easy to use product and at the same time accurate too. In fact it definitely stands out from the rest when compared with similar products. Why it can be said so is the fact that that this small device easily fits into the pocket and gives out a quick reading without having to fumble around with the laser. In fact, this device is so user friendly as it gives the desired information fast and easily too making it a prized possession. The attractive feature is that is acquires satellite links in a minimum time. The instruction are easy to follow as it is a simple GPS distance measuring device providing all the information that Golfer would want. The modes too can be changed in a very simple and easy manner. So those who like their devices with no extra frills then this device is definitely for them. In fact, the price is too is reasonable and sometimes it goes on sale with attractive discounts. So it’s worth the money and many Golfers who reviewed this product have simply fallen in love with this device.
The name itself is so striking that it grabs the attention of the Golfer. The features too are strikingly amazing. Some of its features can be grouped into the following categories which are detailed below:
Distances: F/C/B to greens; layup/carry to hazards & doglegs all easily covered
- Preloaded 38,000+ global course maps with no additional annual or download fees
- Auto course recognition & hole-advance
- New slimmer and attractive profile & larger 2-inch color LCD
- New improved 12+ hour battery life & scorecard feature (which included save & view scores)
- Sturdy, Water resistant and Easy to charge magnetic charger
This device can be termed as a simple and great product which is easy to use. It has some basic features and does not have a touch screen interface. Some find this to be very convenient as they do not have to worry about affecting the touch screen inadvertently and thereby shifting to some other mode. The physical design along with its simplicity is the reason for many choosing this product. Not just that it is supported by a good customer support team and comes with good warranty too. The GPS system is effective and the yardages seem to be spot on. The size, accuracy and screen all make it a top notch product. However some of its parts such as cable and battery etc. need a slight improvement. Overall, this product is a dependable one and lasts longer than most other devices so it is definitely worth buying. The reviews by users of this product are generally very good with only a few seeking a slight improvement. That all. It has a good star rating and the price too is very reasonable making it an economical purchase.
As the name of this device itself suggest, this item is so useful that it is considered as a: buddy”. The reason being that it is so user friendly and some of its features are really attractive. A list of its features are:-
- It has an Easy-to-use talking GPS
- Distances to front/center/back of the green can be easily measured
- Dynamic green view enabled Technology with distance readings from the golfer’s point of view
- Up to 14-hour battery life (2+ rounds per charge) and water resistant making it sturdy and durable
- Male/female Voice option so can be used by both sexes
- It comes in a variety of colors as well as an added attractive feature.
This product has some good reviews. Based on the reviews, it can be safely concluded that this device has worked well. Sometimes however there are some minor glitches which are normal in any device. In this case however, some have issues relating to connections that is it doesn’t connect sometimes so have to restart the device. After which it functions well. All this aside, keeping in mind the pricing of this device, it is a very good option for those who treat golfing casually. So for those simply looking for front/middle/back to the green yardage, the Golfbuddy Voice 2 is the best option.
This device is a GPS enabled watch so very convenient to use. It’s a Bushnell product thereby giving it a guarantee about the quality of the product. Some of its prominent features can be clubbed into the following:-
- Bluetooth enabled thereby Allowing for Wireless Course Updates
- Long & study Battery Life –Can Play up to 3 Rounds Before Charging
- Preloaded with 36,000+ Courses in 30 Countries like other devices
- Easy-to-Read display of Front/Center/Back Distances
- Up to 4 Hazard Distances Per Hole
- Auto Course Recognition & Auto Hole Advance
- Shot Distance Calculator & Round Odometer
- Integrated Fitness Step Counter
- USB charging/sync cable included
- Bushnell Golf App Included with Purchase
Many users like this BUSHNELL NEO ION 2 GOLF GPS watch for both the quality and ease of use. It has been welcome change for many of the payers who have been using the range finder for a long time. They found the range finder cumbersome and not always accurate when it was compared with this watch. As this is easy to read, easy to use and being re-chargeable which is all simply great. Overall many of the users of this product are completely satisfied with its performance and the economical price too is an added advantage.
When compared with similar devices, the Callaway Gypsy is very reasonably priced. In fact, many were of the opinion that the other devices were highly priced when compared with this device. Also it is very simply to use as it does not involve pressing so many buttons etc. So if the player is looking for a simple watch that just tells the distances to the pin and the hazards, that this device is the right choice. Simply put, this watch is ideal for those golfers who are really are content with knowing just the basics. Some of its prominent features are:-
- Preloaded with over 30,000 golf courses worldwide; No annual fees or subscriptions required
- Accurate distances to front, center, and back of green as well as layup and carry distances to back of hazards and doglegs
- Scorekeeper tracks scores, GIR, and putts per round; Auto-course recognition; Auto-hole advance; Shot distance measurement
- Analog and digital time display. Time and date automatically set by satellite
- Battery lasts 10-12 hours in GPS mode. 90 plus days battery life in time mode
- Display size: 1.28-Inch, Dimensions: 10.25 x 1.5 x 0.5-Inches & Weight: 2.24 oz.
So if the Golfer does not want to spend time trying to understand the high end technical aspects of a GPS watch, then the Callaway Gpsy is the right one. It is very easy to understand on how to use it. It has the pin distance from the fairway with front/back/middle, the distances to hazards, front and back etc. Additionally, it has an odometer and scorekeeper as well as short distance. On a lighter side, the watch also tells time and date for those who want to use it like a normal watch at other times.
What to look for? (Buying guide)
There are a lot of things to consider before deciding on the best Golf Rangefinder. Most of the best golf rangefinders do an excellent job at pinpointing the yardage between the player and the flagstick. One of the most important pieces of information in golf is how far away the player is from the pin. Many top brands use leading laser technology to get reliable and accurate distances. All top PGA tour players use golf rangefinders to practice and improve their games. There is a wide variety of different brands and options available to choose from which is why it is a very important to do research before making a purchase.
The Vortex optics Ranger is the most expensive. However it is very sturdy and rugged making it ideal for hunting expeditions. The Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT is reasonably priced with features which are just right for playing Golf.
Technology and features:
Some of the chief features that a buyer should look for when deciding on a rangefinder are; pin seeking technology, long accuracy range, quality magnification, and ease-of-use. Regarding pin seeking technology if you want the most out of what modern technology has to offer see to it that the range of your device is longer because then it will the more accurate over shorter distances. In addition, a sufficient amount of magnification will give users the ability to see close and far distances easily. Lastly, a rangefinder that is difficult or cumbersome to use is of no use. Therefore, choose the features that are most important to you and ensure that you get those features when you set out to buy a rangefinder.
Durability and battery life:
A note of caution is to never waste money on a poorly built or constructed golf rangefinder because you will end up being disappointed if you settle for less than industry standard quality. The best rangefinders available in the market today have high quality build structures and are water resistant in most situations. Reports state that mostly all golfers have been caught in the rain more than once. Keeping this statistic in mind, buying a non-waterproof rangefinder will not be a considered a good decision. There is a saying that Golf and life are all about decisions, and this is one area where one does not want to get caught with a poor decision. The bottom line is, there’s a rangefinder for everybody, and if you find you’re ready to evolve, you can always come back to see what’s next in store for you.
The Nikon ID Arrow 7000 VR laser Rangefinder is the best when it comes to accuracy. Its accuracy makes it ideal for bow hunting or archery. If not the Bushnell V4 JOLT is ideal for Golf as it is designed with this game in mind.
The usability can be seen from the fact that it calculates range updates quickly and its lightweight and streamlined design makes it easy to carry it around in the pocket.
Rangefinders help target the specific distance of an object. They are useful in golf, hunting, etc. where estimating distance is considered very important. Though optical and ultrasonic rangefinders are viable options, in most instances a laser rangefinder will perform the best in all sorts of weather conditions.
No matter which type is chosen, a durable model that is rated to handle the weather conditions is ideal. The best investment is in high-quality optics (lenses), and one which is consistently accurate that is within a yard for every 500 to 1,000 feet is generally acceptable. Depending on the personal requirements, a model that can compensate for elevation changes as well too may be preferred.
The bottom line is this;
pick the right rangefinder for you after checking out all the pros and cons. If you know you don’t need all the extra features or frills as they call it, then don’t pay the extra money for them. However, if you want to be the envy all of your buddies at your local club, then go ahead and purchase a high-end model. At the end of the day, if the rangefinder goes above and beyond your expectations and performs its task perfectly, then you have made the right decision. Do not take the advice of your friends or family when it comes to this decision as each golfer has his own individual requirements. So it is suggested to do your own research and you will be much more pleased with the one you end up making.
What is the work of a Golf Rangefinder?
It tells how far the player is from the pin.
Do golf players use Rangefinders?
Yes, many of the top players indeed use Rangefinders
What are the things to look out for before buying a Golf Rangefinder?
Three major things need to be looked out for that is Price, Performance and Features.
How much to pay for a good quality golf Rangefinder?
A quality golf rangefinder will cost between $99 USD and $700 USD. The reason for such a large disparity in price points is the huge amount of different features you can pack into the device. Check out the list above best golf rangefinders for money
For a novice golfer or someone who is beginning to practice their game, which model is suggested?
$100 USD golf rangefinder is ideal.
For an aspiring tour professional which model is suggested?
A top of the line high end model is preferred.
What are the best Golf Rangefinders with slope of 2019
Some of them Precision Golf NX7 Pro, Bushnell Pro X2, Leupold GX-5i3, Nikon COOLSHOT Pro Stabilized etc. Check the best list above best Golf Rangefinders with slope 2019
What are the best Golf Rangefinders without slope of 2019?
Bushnell Tour V4, TecTecTec VPRO500, Nikon COOLSHOT, GolfBuddy LR7 etc. Check above the list best Golf Rangefinders without slope 2019
What is Slope switch technology?
This means the slope function can either be enabled or disabled. When the player wants to find out the distances around the course, he can use it and a then disable the same while playing tournaments as it is illegal.
What is Pin Seeker with JOLT technology?
This gives the exact distance and informs the player by means of short vibrating bursts as soon as the laser locks into the flag.
How to decide whether to go for a Slope or without Slope Rangefinders ?
You need to consider whether you want a device that is legal for tournament play or not. Also Check the level that you’re playing.
What is Tournament legal device?
The USGA states in Rule 14-3 that you can use a measuring device during tournament game play, if it’s allowed by local rules first.
A legal golf rangefinder has the most basic feature – measuring distance only, no slope compensation.
What are the Disqualifying Features?
The disqualifying features of a non-tournament legal rangefinder are slope compensation, club selection, measuring distance between two points that involves slope or other conditions that can affect the short distance, and any measuring feature that affects play like a barometer, temperature, etc.
Laser Rangefinder vs. GPS for Golf?
Laser distance finders tend to be preferred over the GPS units, for now, but it’s a very tight competition between the two. They last longer than a GPS, they’re versatile, and they’re also more accurate.
Benefits of the GPS devices ?
Easy to use and handle and versatile as well. Check the best golf GPS rangefinders in the homepage.